QUANADA is here to help you with a 24-hour hotline, counseling, shelter, legal advocacy, medical advocacy and educational services. You do NOT have to stay at the shelter to use counseling or other services. All services are free and confidential.
- This is NOT your fault.
- Get to a safe place.
- Showering, bathing, washing your hands, brushing your teeth, using the toilet, changing clothes, or cleaning up in any way could destroy evidence.
- It is YOUR decision whether to report the assault and speak to the police.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. You have the right to request or decline a forensic exam.
- Contact a friend or family member you trust or call the local Rape Crisis Center Hotline: 1(800) 369-2287.
- Read more information on your rights and getting help after a sexual assault here.
- Get more information on victim compensation and rights here.
- You are NOT to blame for being battered or mistreated.
- You are NOT the cause of your partner’s abusive behavior.
- You deserve to be treated with respect.
- You deserve a safe and happy life.
- Your children deserve a safe and happy life.
- You are not alone. There are people waiting to help.
- Contact QUANADA: 2707 Maine, Quincy, IL 62301 | 1(800) 369-2287
If you’re trying to decide whether to stay or leave, you may be feeling confused, uncertain, frightened, and torn. One moment, you may desperately want to get away, and the next, you may want to hang on to the relationship. Maybe you even blame yourself for the abuse or feel weak and embarrassed because you’ve stuck around in spite of it. Don’t be trapped by confusion, guilt, or self-blame. The only thing that matters is your safety.